Friday, January 25, 2013

Color Dare # 27 - Sweet Leaf, Topiary, & New England Ivy

Welcome back to Color My Heart! I was floored at the amazing response we had last week. We had 21 beautiful entries into our black & white with a "pop" of color challenge. It is a popular color combination! I hope you all choose to join us this week. Stretch yourselves and see what you are capable of! Our design team really outdid themselves this week!
 
Congratulations to Hansi. It was so hard to pick a winner from last week's entries, but I kept coming back to her stunning card. I think you'll agree that it's worth the Color Dare Diamond award. Hansi, be sure to grab your badge from the sidebar!
 
We have another monochromatic color dare for you this week - all in green:
 
Sweet Leaf
Topiary
New England Ivy
My card is based on the challenge at CASE Study and the sketch from Deconstructing Jen. Check out my blog for more details: Sarah Stone Creations.

Lesson: Monochromatic colors are colors on the color wheel of the same hue, but a different shade. In this case, Topiary would be the true green, Sweet Leaf would be the tint, or pastel, (with white added), and New England Ivy would be the shade (with black added).
 
Now here are the inspirations from the design team. Go check out their blogs and leave them some friendly comments!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now it's your turn! Create something using this color scheme. Post it to your blog or online gallery and link it up with us at the bottom of this post. Don't forget to include our link in your post!
 
I have changed the rules, and you can read them on the sidebar. You no longer have to use CTMH products in your entries. I highly recommend it, and the design team will still be using mostly Close To My Heart products, but it is not required. If you don't have these exact colors, just come as close as you can! Have fun with it!
 

5 comments:

  1. What a great week last week at the Color Dare. I just re-read the rules. What is the challenge photo you want posted when we link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am honored that you have chosen my card. Now to start thinking about greens...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Hansi! Loved your card very much! Shelly--it is the picture that is posted after the winner from last week with the color Dare # and then Sarah's example in it. I wonder if I posted that when I entered the challenges, come to think of it! Thanks for the reminder! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ... I had no idea :) I love having more pictures in my blog posts than text!

      Delete